4kilo

Well Known Member
F-801L is a backing plate on the forward side of the firewall for the rudder cable end termination. The drawings note that it should be made from "P/N AS3-125." Unfortunately, there are three pieces of AS3-125 aluminum sheet in the RV-8 fuselage kit (1x26, 1 1/2x48, 2.625x3.5), and I can find no reference about which to use (the finished part is about 1/2x2)

I realize that it is not that big a deal, but I would prefer not to use the wrong one and have to buy a replacement later. Does anyone know which of the three pieces to use?

Pat

Same Question

I'm working on my firewall and had the same question. I searched this topic in the forums and found this post, but did not see any answers so I figured I'd ask the question again. Does it matter which piece of AS3-125 I use to build the F-801L backing plate shown on drawing 21? It is the plate that anchors the cable for the adjustable rudder pedals.

Extra material

I have a QB so this was done for me. One thing I did find very useful was to buy a few chunks of various pieces of material - from 0.020" up to 0.125" - just so I wouldn't have to worry about issues like this. It's very cheap and saves you a lot of time. You'll eventually need more than they give you anyway, so better to get this extra material now rather than have to wait for some to be delivered.