macrafic

Well Known Member
I can't quite tell from the plans/drawings how the F-713 aux longerons should fit. It looks like they should fit right up against the aft side of the firewall at the front end? At the rear end, it looks like it should match up with the front flange of the main spar (or the front of the webbing?). What is causing me caution here is that the directions say to file the rear of the longerons to match up with the main spar. It doesn't say whether that should be the flange or web of the spar. In either case, I either don't have to file at all, or I have to do much more than file. If I'm to liine it up with the flange, I have to cut off about 1/2".

Regarding cutting the gear leg holes in the bottom skin, I traced the full-sized template from the plans onto a transparency (so I know the transparency is exactly the same as the template). However, when I place the transparency on the bottom skin, there is a rather significant difference between the template and the skin. From the 1st row of rivet holes to the 2nd row, there is 1/16" difference between the template and the actual bottom skin. Between the 1st row of rivet holes and the brake hole, there is an 1/8" difference. Did you guys find the same thing? How did you resolve this?

As always, thanks!

Rich,

I just got done with this part. You cut off the back end of this aux longeron.
I just cut what it showed on the schematic and then I had to cut 1/2 inch off the front after the firewall would not fit.
I made copies of the gear leg holes on the copier and just cleco'd it to the metal and then cut the hole.
I will check becase I cut the hole for the brakelines and then I just noticed that they are on the gear and I could of match drilled it from the bottom.
I hope this helps and you can check out my web page if need to.
BB

Bruce, Thanks for the reply! One question. Does the aft end of the aux longeron match up with the flange or the web of the main spar?

Rich,

If you have the skin on and the doubler installed I put it up to the
doubler. It will not go on the spar if you leave it as is. You would
have to cut a jog in it so I left it flush on the end of the doubler.

If you slide it around you can see it.

Thanks and yell back if you need some more advice.