penguin

Well Known Member
Patron
I know I must be missing something somewhere, but which piece of AS3-063 do I cut to make F-601TD from? I don't want to be left with a piece just too small for some other part later on.

Pete

Dwg 19 7F & 5E. I don't have a piece of 063 1.75 x 3, or any sheet 3" wide. So I'm concerned about cutting the corner off something that will mean I won't be able to make another part later on. Not a huge deal, but if anyone has any advice it would be useful.

Pete

the more scrap the better

I don't know about anybody else, but I've gone through a few 24x48" sheets of .025", .032", .040", and .063" on various little projects here and there. My 2 cents is -- order a bunch of extra material, and then don't worry too much about taking little chunks off here and there. In my hangar, there's no such thing as too much scrap aluminum (as evidenced by the aluminum bits pick out of my hangarmate's trash can). :rolleyes:

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com

I never found mine, either

I couldn't find the piece I was supposed to use. Fortunately, I had plenty of material on hand of the right thickness. I agree with Dan...order a bunch of sheets and you'll use them eventually.