burgundyja

Well Known Member
i am thinking about making or buying a small fuel tank about 6 gal. I would like to put it in the forward bagage comparment. if i put it up high then tee its drain into one of the main tank vents it should graivty feed as long as its vent is equal or more than the main tank vent. i could even put a cap on the main tank vent when using the aux tank. then all venting would be threw the aux tank. I could also have a second line from the aux into a pump and valve. then i could switch it from smoke oil to 100LL. and the valve could have a dump side so if i had a leak i could pump the fuel overboard. I am going to try to post a diagram.

I can almost see the NTSB report already:

witnesses reported what looked like a large flame thrower shooting out the exhaust.

Another possible NTSB report may read something like this...

The pilot reported that the engine quit and could not be restarted after switching to the aux tank. The aux tank contained avgas but the carb/fuel servo was contaminated with oil.:eek:

Bevan

Waiting for the Drawing

That's about the most complicated description of a future fuel problem I've ever read. Standing by for the diagram...

Note that the original post date was almost three years ago.

Hopefully he never built this system... it would not work as drawn.