Flyguytki

Well Known Member
Can you add a few extra rivets to a non Perfect rolled leading edge?? There are a few places where there is a slight lip and I would like to get rid of them if possible. I dont see any downside at all except weight and looks, but rivets weight next to nothing and they will all be hidden inside the horizontal stabilizer when installed Correct?? Thanks again.....
-david

Yes, not a problem.

Mine were not perfect either on the RV-10 rudder. Not an easy job with varying radius from top to bottom. I used 1" and 3/4" sch 40 pvc match drilled and duct taped.

Yes I am talking about on the Elevator. there is a 1/16 inch gap in 4 places on the leading edge. Besides that everything is laying perfectly flat. So I am thinking about putting a rivet in between the 2 existing rivets where the 1/16 inch gap is.
-david

Mine had the same issue but I left it as is. At one of the flying, I'll have to check how most RV's are; leaving it as is wouldn't be a problem and it's less weight but it bothers me that it's not "perfect".

I used the edge roller on the rudder of my -4 to get rid of the lip. A bit hard to get the roller in there when the skin is bent(rolled) together, but it worked out OK.