Rob Rickards

New here.... first post. Looked and searched for an answer in the forums but no luck ...so.....Waiting for my toolbox practise kit to arrive but want to set up my tools and do some trial riveting.
There must be just a few extra rivets in the Empennage kit that I could play with one or two. Anyone have a rough %? I read they are packed by weight but I suppose it depends on which ones we are talking about. Hate to finally be short of two rivets because I used them up practising!

Rob welcome! Use them there are so many you can build another RV Vans supplies plenty.

Hi Rob,

No need to get any extra rivets as Vlad said.

The only extra rivets I did get was the oops rivets. These are helpful if you need an oversize rivet for a hole you made bigger than a normal one will fit into.

Have you been able to contact any other Rv builders in your area ? Also are you a member of SAAA ?

Welcome to VAF !

PM me if you have any questions.

extra rivets

Since I am finished with building for now, I can supply most any size you want if you need extra. Let me know. Randy

Short on rivets.

I was actually shorted on two sizes of rivets with my empennage kit. I had to order some just so I could finish with the steps. I guess perhaps someone mistook a decimal point or something. Anyway, even if you do have to order more, they are very cheap to add to your order. I'm no psychic, but chances are good.... veeeeeeeery good.... that you WILL be ordering more stuff from Vans in the future. :D

Oops!

I bought one of those flat box tables at IKEA. Each of the four legs was to be attached with four screws, but there were only twelve screws in the parts bag.
So I used three screws for each leg. The table collapsed. Bummer! :(

When I finished my RV I had four rivets left over. Still wondering where those rivets belong and waiting for the plane to collapse! :D

Some of the specialty rivets are given in limited supply. I had to get some extra pull rivets for the tank brackets and some of the really long rivets used in the flap attach brackets. You will end up with a lot of extra standard sized rivets.