N674P

Well Known Member
Problem: Butchered HS front spar/nose/main rib/spacer rivet holes when I took everything apart to do it right. All other holes good and with patience and care everything else went back together great, drawing heavily from tips in these forums (thanks!).
Question is, can I just drill another #30 hole between the present rivets, deburr with a Burraway, and install another 470-4 rivet, or do I need to remove and redrill for the next size up. I assume I can get 470-5 rivets? Anything else I should consider?
Advice appreciated...
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6879/holetoobig7zy.jpg

Drill between the present rivets, add new rivets and go. You can even use blind rivets for this case if needed.
Mel...DAR

Thanks Mel! That's what I was hoping, but want to hear from a knowledgable source before I deviate any from the plans...

May want to check out Dan C.'s recent article on correcting rivet problems in the "Experimental Aircraft" magazine... current issue....other useful techniques to repair the nasty looking rivets may come in handy.

I had some problems there too. Dan C was my tech advisor. 2 of my holes were so enlarged we just ended up sticking bolts in them.

David rv-7