Vlad

Well Known Member
On cylinder 4 and 3 baffle assemly there are sizeable precut holes. I am wondering what are those for? I am dual mags carb and top spark plugs ignition wires have their penetrations already. What's the best way to plug the oblong holes if they are not in use?

On cylinder 4 and 3 baffle assemly there are sizeable precut holes. I am wondering what are those for? I am dual mags carb and top spark plugs ignition wires have their penetrations already. What's the best way to plug the oblong holes if they are not in use?

If you are talking about the hole in each side piece, they are for inserting a socket extension for removing the top spark plugs.
I think their is a detail in the DWG's somewhere suggesting how to make removable plugs for the holes.

Alright. But why only 4 and 3? Looks like 1 and 2 need their respective baffles notched because an extension doesn't fit there.
I will look through drawings for removable plugs instructions.

If you are talking about the hole in each side piece, they are for inserting a socket extension for removing the top spark plugs.
I think their is a detail in the DWG's somewhere suggesting how to make removable plugs for the holes.

Alright. But why only 4 and 3? Looks like 1 and 2 need their respective baffles notched because an extension doesn't fit there.

On #1 and #2, the geometry allows the extension to pass over the top of the baffles, instead of needing to go through the baffles like on #3 and #4.

Once you have trimmed the height of the side baffles down to fit the cowl contour, an extension will be just slightly above the baffle sides on Cyl 1 & 2.

Now understood. Thank you gentlemen. That's good to have the virtual help in the shop :)