apatti

Well Known Member
All,

Despite measuring umpteen times and comtemplating for hours on where and what angle to drill the #1 cylinder EGT probe, I have an interference problem. :mad: It looks like what I need to do is drill another hole about 10-20 degrees from the current one. What can I do to plug the "lightening" hole?

Thanks,

All,

Despite measuring umpteen times and comtemplating for hours on where and what angle to drill the #1 cylinder EGT probe, I have an interference problem. :mad: It looks like what I need to do is drill another hole about 10-20 degrees from the current one. What can I do to plug the "lightening" hole?

I had the same problem - had someone weld it shut. Alternatively I guess you could put a small piece of stainless under the adel clamp for the EGT probe.

Tony,
When I installed my engine monitor, I had to relocate one hole in #3 exhaust. I took a stainless flat head screw and cut it off at the base of the head, placed the head in the hole and secured it with a stainless worm gear clamp. Been working fine for several years now.

Thanks, Kevin and Mel.

I was talking with a friend of mine tonight who happens to work for one of the major airlines. He told me to get it to him and he would have their people weld it for me. So that is what I plan on doing. If this option wasn't so readily available, I would go with the SS screw option.