macrafic

Well Known Member
My wife is 5'2" and I am 6'2"; both pilots. I'd like to configure my RV7-A to accomodate either of us. The current adjustments of seat and rudder pedals doesn't go far enough. In addition, it is a pain to adjust them. Only so much seat padding can be used, because the stick is in the crotch.

I talked with Vicki Cruise (reigning US women's aerobatic champ and president of IAD), who is also 5'2". She worked with an engineer and figured something out for her Edge 540 whereby it is removeable and can be placed in other aircraft. The pedals in that aircraft are similar to the RV, with the brake cylinders on the pedals. I'm trying to reach her to find out the specifics of what she did.

In the meantime, has any of you "real experimental types" out there looked at this? Any ideas?

I'm also planning our panel to be flown from either side. I will post this at some future date and open myself up to your suggestions.

pedals

Hi Rich,

I have the same problem with my wife being shorter(5'5") and I am 6'2". I have been thinking of a longer version of my rudder extensions (mlskunkworks.embarqspace.com) but have not worked out the details. Need to have a system that will give brake control also. If I get it worked out I will post here for all to see. Good Luck, Steve

What is the stick geometry relative to the bottom of the seat pan? Perhaps you could install sticks that arch forward and then curve back similar to helicopter sticks. That would leave a lot more room for padding or possibly a sliding seat.