gofast

All--Just finished the install (15hrs) of "Smoke System Helper's" behind the seat tanks. Marvin builds a great product. The install wasn't plug-n-play, but wasn't too bad. 2 7.5gal tanks behind the seats in my RV7 with the "Almost an RV14" seat recline mod gives me 57gals of fuel (55 usable) or more than 5.5hrs. I'm very pleased with the result. I'd welcome your comments.

--Jud

Weight

I guessing here, 90lbs of extra fuel behind the spar,+tanks/pumps in a Seven with 180/CS prop with full leather interior.I got to ask how did the W&B come out?
RHill

Cost and CG Impact

The investment was about 1 "AMU" (Aviation Monetary Unit = $1,000USD). It took about 15hrs of semi-competent installation.

I'm very pleased with the CG impact. As it's very far forward in the rear baggage area at STA 110", the weight is well-carried. I'm happy with the trade-off of 8.6lbs of empty tanks and fittings for local or shorter flights for the option of tankering cheap gas or extending legs for Wx, etc. Even with the "Almost an RV14" seat recline mod installed, it only took 4" of depth out of the baggage area. The beagle can just curl-up smaller.

Jud

Jud
Thanks for the report and I hope you will keep us updated as you put hours on this system. I have been following this extended range option for some time and personally would prefer it over a wing tip option. I am curious why the system is two separate tanks rather than one continuous 15 gal tank?

Jud
Thanks for the report and I hope you will keep us updated as you put hours on this system. I have been following this extended range option for some time and personally would prefer it over a wing tip option. I am curious why the system is two separate tanks rather than one continuous 15 gal tank?

Flap drive mechanism is in the way in the center so you can't carry through all the way across.