Camillo

Well Known Member
Hallo.

I'm thinking on buying a completed RV-4, in a near future. There are very few of them in Europe, se an american one would be a necessary choice.
I was wondering how to do (disassemble wings, shipping, duty, etc...).

Thanks.
Camillo

Find the airplane you want to buy, then contact Jeff Sharman at Sharman Enterprises He has shipped plenty of completed and kit RV's to Europe, South Africa and Australia, and knows his stuff.

We're using Jeff at the moment, and he has been very helpful.

Used Jeff to ship an RV3 from California to Perth, Australia (shared a container with an RV7). There may have been cheaper options, but was very happy with the outcome, and he's got plenty of experience with RV's.

I can vouch for Jeff. His shipping operation is based in the hangar across from mine, I've watched him and his crews dismantle many aircraft and load them into dozens of containers over the years. He is careful and does a very good job. He also happens to be an RV enthusiast himself. He's built several, including the beautiful 4 that he currently flies.

No business association, just speaking up for a friend.

Thanks.

Thanks to everybody.
I will investigate on the possibility of importing the airplane and have it registered as an experimental, here, first.
Thanks.
Camillo