CraigC

Well Known Member
Let me say I really enjoy this site for its discipline to flying and RV topics. If I post something in the general section, does it have to be moved if it is a specific question? What if I want a broader base of people to see my post? I see a lot of posts moved but I think I should have a choice, maybe a pm or something first. I don't think all posts get read as much in the lower forums than up here in the general forum. Thanks, respectfully,

IMHO, putting the post in the proper category is better when I want to search for it. I almost always click "Today's Posts" and see all the new posts. I only look in the category when I am searching for something.

NEW posts like the one you just posted are right at the top. IF the Title is something that interests me, I read it. IF not, I skip over it and move on.

Gotta co-sign on what Gary said.

From my perspective, the real value in having multiple forums is that you can search for things later.

I would not be likely to go looking for information on my GRT efis system, is the General section, I would look for it in Glass Panel.

One of the most common things I do as a mod is to put threads where they belong.

I too don't like it when they move some of my posts. I recently put something int the test/misc section because I wanted it to be deleted in 2 weeks or so. They moved it to a permanent area.....

I can see moving something that is an obvious mistake, ie, classified ad in the safety forum. But I wish they wouldn't move things as much as they do.