Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
I have bitten a bullet and cancelled my Jeppesen subscription after 25 straight years because it is simply too expensive and inefficient. Last year I bought a Garmin 695 but it is the same thing - too expensive to keep up for my limited use and inefficient because I have to turn off the navigation display to see the approach plates - PPHFE. I planned to get the Terminal Procedures subscription for Arkansas & Oklahoma and L15/L16 and L17/L18 for local flying and get the required LO and Sectional charts for trips from Sporty's. Now I see this Flight Guide offering with Kindle and I am interested. The DX version looks big enough to be practical on the left leg for showing the charts for any airport in the country without disturbing any of my active navigation references at a recurring cost that is less than the my little 3-state coverage from Jeppesen.

I have used the little brown Flight Guides for decades and I wouldn't be caught on a trip without them so I have some favorable history with the company as far as organization, practicality and reliability.

What is the field experience with these products?

Bob Axsom

I have looked at it

I would like feedback on experience on the Flight Guide package specifically not the technical capabilities of Kindle for approach plate displays in general. I would rather not get into the do-it-yourself science project if I can avoid it. I have the education and experience to deal with it if I have to but I would rather focus my creative time on making the plane go faster.

Bob Axsom