C-J

Is anyone using the EXPBUS 2V from Control Vision. I am thinking about using it in my panel with the indicator panel. Can anyone share experience. Thx CJ

CJ,
I am using one and it has worked fine for me, although I have not heard good things about the indicator unit. Feedback I have heard includes poor visibilty of the lights and the ameter function is not good. The company has been very supportive of the few problems I have had, one of which was caused by me, flood damage, and they still sent me a new replacement board. I had water come down on my project from the floor above and it caused corrosion of components on the back of the board, yet they sent me a new one after a full explanation from me as to waht had happened.

If your total electrical loads are going to me higher than about 40 Amps, an off the board master contactor is advised.

Randy C

I'm using the Exp 2 bus.
I've only had 1 issue which was self inflicted. They corrected my problem & I've had no issues since.
The instructions were a bit confusing for a non-hardware guy.
Otherwise, I've been very happy with it's operation.

I am in the process of wiring mine up now. Looks good so far. I did have a problem with the annunciator panel and when I called for support they were very quick to diagnose and repaired it quickly.

An avionics engineer and electronics tech told me today they would be leary of using solid state electrical overload protection in their airplanes. Tripping setpoints can be variable due to numerous effects.

1000+ hours ..

Is anyone using the EXPBUS 2V from Control Vision. I am thinking about using it in my panel with the indicator panel. Can anyone share experience. Thx CJ

Still working.

Had to replace it early due to a water soaking of it and other avionics in our "tip-up 6".

I have and recommend using the external contactor (as documented and supported by them).

The annunciator "indicates" what is on or not properly but the charges/discharge indication is not exactly right ... but that may just be that once it was "close enough in the calibration" I stopped.

Documentation could be a little better but once you understand what they are doing, it makes more sense (of course!) :)

Otherwise works as advertised.

James

I'm Happy with mine. However to be honest it is expensive and I don't think it really saved any building time. I remote mounted mine so I could place the switches where I wanted. I was disappointed with the quality of there panel as the writing was poor.The rocker switch's seemed a bit cheap and poor quality.

If I was to do it again I think I'd just go with circuit breakers

Peter

..........However to be honest it is expensive and I don't think it really saved any building time............If I was to do it again I think I'd just go with circuit breakersPeter
I agree with Peter. I installed a relatively expensive lighted EXP with its optional annunciator panel in the -6A. It looks nice but in order to support the radios I was installing, a few of its polyfuses had to be replaced with higher amperage ratings so the unit was sent back for rework. Service was fast and adequate. Still, one or two of its rocker switches go unused and are labeled "spare." I still had to install a dozen or so CB's to support the various electrical loads on board. The annunciator panel is of dubious and superflous value......mainly because the VM1000 engine monitor will visually and audibly alert any out of normal parameter. I really can't see how installing the EXP saved me any meaningful build time so I just went with CB's in the current project.

Tastes great, less filling.

I have had two aircraft with the EXP bus setup. Both used the toggle switches mounted remotely (not the rockers). One in an airplane I bought, one in an airplane I built.

In both cases, the units work perfectly. I have tested their trip/reset capabilities (accidentally and deliberately) more than a few times.

While not for everyone, it is a quality product and did make wiring a basic VFR panel extremely simple.

YMMV