riffelj

I've just started reading about Exhaust Agumented Cooling. Looks a little tricky - but sounds like it can be effective. Anyone done any work/got one working?

Exhaust Augmented Cooling

I believe Dave Anders utilizes exhaust augmented cooling on his record setting RV-4. But be aware that his exhaust setup is only part of a SYSTEM, i.e., he optimized the airflow through his cowling for low drag (speed). I don't know if he had any cooling problems.

I'm sure there are others but Dave's 4 was the first that came to mind. Good luck!

I believe Dave Anders utilizes exhaust augmented cooling on his record setting RV-4. But be aware that his exhaust setup is only part of a SYSTEM, i.e., he optimized the airflow through his cowling for low drag (speed). I don't know if he had any cooling problems.

I'm sure there are others but Dave's 4 was the first that came to mind. Good luck!

Alan Judy has experimented in this area also. He used to hang out on this forum but I have not heard from him for some time. He posted lots of images of his effort a while back.