Jetj01

Well Known Member
Yesterday I was in Portland OR on a business trip and remembered that Van's Aircraft Factory was supposed to be close by. A short 40 minute drive later I was at the factory thinking I'd take a quick picture and be on my way, having not called ahead to arrange a tour. Well, like usual, Van's demonstrated EXCELLENT customer service and treated me to a grand tour of their facility, the birth place of my RV-4 kit, and followed it up with a factory demo ride in their nice red RV-12. I was VERY IMPRESSED. In typical Van's fashion, the RV-12 handled very well, was roomy and I'd say in my near future project list...I've got the room and tools after all... ;-)

Thanks to "Joe" at Van's who went out of his way to make my visit very memorable and enjoyable. I'd recommend to anyone to take the time and see the facility, very impressive and clean and organized. Thanks Van's for deserving to be where you are in the industry...the TOP!

JJ,

Glad you enjoyed the tour and the RV-12 experience. It's always rewarding to show customers around the factory if they've never seen it before. The RV-12 is a pretty amazing little airplane, and it's just simply fun to fly!