Hello All,

I am new to the forum (and to the RV) and want to shout out to all who make this forum fantastic. From a "Newbe's" perspective, I am awestruck at the knowledge base, the helpfulness, & the sense of community here. Thanks to "DR" for bringing this forum to life. Ya'll are improving the quality of the RV Grin everyday!

I am Ever Thankful for this!

[ed. Welcome and thank you! dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto!

I know how you feel. I was a newbie myself not so long ago.. This forum is one of the many reasons I chose to build an RV in the first place. Doug certainly has contributed to the GA community and also the RV community by creating and maintaining this site. We all need to remember to be thankful for his efforts and to contribute our own efforts as well, in the form of responsible, informative posts, organized events to bring new people into the fold, and of course contributions to good 'ol Doug and his family who keep the ball rolling! Thanks Doug! My annual contribution is on the way.

Fred,

I can't believe you said Y'all in public. Everyone else will think we don't know how to reed & rite here in Missourah!

I wholeheartedly agree about this site, it is absolutely the best source if you have an RV. If I need a part, advice or anything aviation I start here. Doug does a great job and if I ever meet him I will buy him a beer (and I will put it on Fred's tab).

Oly

PS- Fred isn't half bad in formation (I have video proof). We've adopted him as the junior wingman in our 4 ship. Maybe if he behaves we'll have to keep him.

Last edited:
Those who have gone before....

Fred,

Amazingly enough there are a few of us who remember DR before he had this site up and running. Prior to all this RV hoopla :) DR had a very extensive Yahoo groups discussion forums list for all the RV types (RV-3-4-6)way back in the 90's. It was the predecessor of "help personified".

When he fired up www.vansairforce.net, I was one of the first fortunate sons. His "uniting of the clans" notwithstanding! It's simply in his blood! You have chosen wisely...

Smokey

Last edited:
Hello Bill,

Nice chat. Looking forward to seeing you around. Also, Roger at SUS just completed buidling his RV / retirement project & would very much enjoy sharing his expereinces with you. Let's get you guys together sometime.