Topturn

In the UK we have issues sourcing lots of items required for the build - No.30 drills, rivets, torque wrenches in ft/lbs etc etc so I guess in the US you have some issues sourcing European stuff for the Rotax install?

Currently thinking - Loctite 243 / Snap Bushing and metric spanners / sockets for example?

Yes everything can be obtained for a price (big shipping costs) so why not try to help each other out? Clearly it'll only work with small low value items that can be sent via the normal post.

Good idea / bad idea...... You decide but email me (InBox me for younger viewers) if I can help in anyway?

Actually, none of that is difficult to find. In the US Metric wrenches/sockets are sold with equal availability as Imperial sizes. We can thank the Japanese auto industry for that one :)

The loctite is just as easy to find in just about any auto store, except it is just sold as 'blue' loctite according to the Loctite company.

I don't know about the snap bushing, but I don't think I've had a single problem being able to source anything.

As far as the torque wrenches, aren't all of them sold that measure in both? Or do you guys have weird ones that only show N-m? In which case, can't you just do the math to convert?

To be honest, I do not have an issue sourcing US sourced materials in Europe or the UK. I have bought good quality imperial tool in Germany and have several good contacts for sourcing ACS and other vendors items that are delivered within a week. Even my RV-3 emp kit arrived within two weeks of ordering.

One has to be careful of evading paying duty and taxes in the UK and Europe and there is also a trust element involved with askng someone to buy and ship parts.

In the UK we have issues sourcing lots of items required for the build - No.30 drills, rivets, torque wrenches in ft/lbs etc etc

Jason,

The is no difficulty in sourcing any of the items that you have listed in the UK - any any other part required to build an RV. Simply call Gloster Air Parts on 01252 617484, or email.

Likewise, with the number of Japanese and German cars on the US roads metric tools are freely available (as are Rotax parts).

Pete