smokyray

Well Known Member
Guys,
I just flew the Bandit home from Texas last week and tested my new Safe Air One ER tanks. I love them! The tanks add 8 gallons bringing the total fuel supply to 40 gallons. I filled them in Carthage TX and flew non-stop to my home strip near Lakeland, FL in 4+00 and landed with 9 gallons left! I didn't feed the aux tanks into my main tanks until the mains showed 1/2 fuel. The ER tanks emptied into the mains in less than 5 minutes. They are installed forward of the spar and extend outboard from the main wing tanks to the tip where the fuel cap door is installed. Upon post flight inspection, the ER tanks fed completely dry.
The tanks were the brainchild of my fellow fighter pilot buds Jeff "Hollywood" Hansen and Chuck "Cheez" Wilson. They installed the prototypes in their RV4's almost 10 years ago and have extensive test data and experience with the system. I look at the tanks as a force multiplier for me as I can tanker fuel onboard at cheap gas stops or if I need a long leg over questionable terrain or where there is no cheap gas, I am covered. The bottom line is it makes your RV4 more capable, period. All of the new RV's have 40 gallons of fuel, you can too..

Overall, a home run for me...

Rob Ray