Bob Hoffman

Well Known Member
Has anyone used ePanel builders other optional (additional costs) features for layout/cutting/building your panel???
If so were you happy ?? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Bob

Dimensions

I just subscribed to the basic program the other day. What a neat program. The only thing that I have noticed is it seems that it is not to scale. On my 7 t/u mock up the program sets more room for the switches than in my actual mock-up. I am going to e-mail them and verify that I'm not overlooking something.

I used it intially, but switched to autocad when actually laying out the final panel. Had it waterjeted, worked great. Tolerances are much closer on autocad.

Yes

Yes, I used them to draw the panel in AutoCad and water jet cut my panel. I just shipped a panel blank from Vans to them. It is actually Experimental Air who completed the AutoCad drawing and water jet cutting.

You may want to slightly over size the cuts. I had to file out every one and I have not painted the panel yet. The cut out for altimeter was incorrect. (My fault for not double checking the AutCad drawing). They were easy to work with though.

I can send you a picutre of my panel if you like.

Paul

RV-8
Finishing

Used Experimental Air - laid out the panel, got the program, had it waterjet cut for under $100 - very happy.

Wait - in the above posts, folks are using ePanel Builder to create the file needed for a company to do the waterjet service? We have a local shop that will do waterjet cutting, but didn't know what programs would work well (and cost the least).

Wait - in the above posts, folks are using ePanel Builder to create the file needed for a company to do the waterjet service? We have a local shop that will do waterjet cutting, but didn't know what programs would work well (and cost the least).

Not excatly. I used ePanel to lay out the panel as I wanted. Then Experimental Air (through ePanel) transfered the design to AutoCad. The panel was waterjet cut using the AutoCad drawing.

However, Experimental Air can also just tranfer your panel layout to AutoCad and sent you for the file so you can take it to a shop of your choice for cutting.

CAD Package = $125
WaterJet Cutting = $140

Paul

ePanel result

I used ePanel and Experimental Air for both the CAD drawings and water jet cutting and I was 100% satisfied with both. They worked well with my design and were helpful in resolving what problems there were. You can see my panel at... http:groups.yahoo.com/group/GRT_EFIS/. Go to pictures and look for Tom Davies RV8 A. The pictures are before I powder coated.