SteveK

I'm New Here
In the process of pulling out some rivets I have enlarged the original hole. I plan to order 5/32 rivets to drill out to #21 and fix these holes. Is this right? Do I need a specific type of rivet since Vans doesn't sell this size?

Thanks,
Steve

no, I don't think so.

The "oops" rivet kit will give you a 1/8 shank rivet to replace an enlarged 3/32 rivet hole,and small head 3/32 rivets to install platenuts.
If your problem is an enlarged 1/8 rivet hole, you do need to go to the next size up, which is an AN5 rivet (5/32). You won't find those in an oops rivet kit. I would order a few 5/32 rivets in a long length, an 8 or 12, for example, and cut the rivet down to whatever length you need.
Make sure you have the edge distance for the larger rivet. If these are universal rivets, order the 5/32 rivet set at the same time, as you will need that as well.
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finishing kit

there are oversize rivets. for a 4/32 there is a 9/64. you want to use as small a rivet that will fit, so if the small oversize rivet will work it is better than going up to the next full size. if you are particularly adept at operating a squeezer you can make them your self also. just smoosh them to where you see the shank get larger, and try that in the hole. you could use drill bit shanks for aproximate gages to see what diameter your hole is, if you have a good progression of drill sizes.