AX-O

Well Known Member
I have a 320 B2B that I converted to fuel injection. The studs that came on the new Superior cold air sump were too long for the airflow performance fuel servo, so I removed them. I also need to purchase studs for the starter. The studs for both applications need to be 5/16X18 by 1.5 inches long. Where can I get those? Can I use something like this?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#threaded-rods-and-studs/=6r1uxf

Superior can supply them; they gave me two sets of studs for my vertical sump/AFP combo so I could use either the AFP bracket or the Van's bracket.

Check the web site of Aeroinstock.com They advertise on this site. If you cannot find it on their web site, PHONE them or one of the other Engine builders that advertise here.

If you lived closer, I have some Lycoming studs in my hangar and you could pick through what I have to see if I had the ones you need.

Yes a hardware store stud MAY work on an EXPERIMENTAL but it is possible that it could be manufactured on the opposite side of the tolerance you need for the hole in your expensive aircraft part.

We have studs

We can supply the studs if you require a special length. Airflow Performance FI kits come with the correct length stud to fit the supplied adapter brackets. If you did not get these with your kit, give me a call.

864-576-4512

Don