BABALU

Well Known Member
I have an O320 160 HP with a 300hr yellow tagged top with comps. in the high 70s but the bottom,although running fine and at this piont showing good results in the oil analysis , has 2650 hrs on a first run. Question is; do i just send it in and do a full on major or do i just do the bottom and save the money. I bought this aircraft knowing i would have to address the engine time / overhaul at some point but figured that for the money i paid for the aircraft that i could spend the money on the engine and still be inline as far as cost/value if i want to sell in future. also as long it all showing good now can i feel ok about flying it til it indicates time to overhaul. Got i nice aircraft but i dont want to be concerned every time slide the canopy shut to have some fun or take a little trip.
Input appreciated.
Thanks

Why be concerned. If there is no metal in the filter and your oil analysis is good don't touch it. A 172 hangared behind our home went 3800 hours between overhauls and when it was opened up was found in good condition.

I agree with Bob. If it's not making metal then I would trust it more than a new engine with less than 100 hours on it.

Some of us are wondering which Rv you bought. Good luck on your adventures. Friday looks good for the flight.