170 driver

Well Known Member
I ordered a Van's primer system and after reading the threads about copper tubing, I decided to see if there was a flex line option. I called Tom Swearengen from TS Flightlines and we talked it over. He said that he had no materials for #2 lines but he had #3 braided stainless teflon. I looked at the lines and they were small enough in outside diameter to make a neat install, so I got him to make the lines and ordered #3 fittings from a/s. I am very pleased with the setup now. I had him also make restricted #3 nozzles for the cylinders to reduce the flow and not flood the engine as easily. Overall a very nice and much more robust install with much less chance of vibration causing line breakage. I'd highly recommend Tom for any line work, great job at a good price and very fast service. He is on the forums here, TS Flightlines

Oh, I forgot to mention, he has the dimensions and parts list to make up kits for this install now and can supply the solenoid valve to make it a complete kit.

Ok , will get some tomorrow, I'll finish up the switch wiring tomorrow also. The lines are about the same size as a spark plug wire. I tested it with a battery already, no leaks and works good.

Great photos! One comment: For the quick ties around the engine mount, you'll want to add a few layers of electrical tape or silicone wrap between the frame and the tie to prevent wearing down the paint.

The primer solenoid is the Van's one I just got in the kit I bought from them
, the ty-wraps are just temporary until the correct size adels come in from AS. I finished the wiring today and used the primer to start it up. 3 seconds was enough for 60 degree temps and several weeks since I last flew it. No throttle pumping before startup. I already like it.