burgundyja

Well Known Member
does it seem like the used engine market took a nose dive? I was going to buy new but i am rethinking that now. what does everyone think the best place to look for a used io-360. what about a used prop? and what about a used transponder? i know some smart guy is going to respond with ebay ebay ebay.:D

re: buying used

I'd just post a wtb ad right here. That's how I bought my transponder, posted a "looking for a KT76" bought one in about 2 days.
Found my engine by accident, was browsing Barnstormers or Trade-a-Plane & happened upon something that looked interesting, so I called the guy & wound up buying two engines.
Just look.:) You can usually find what you're looking for at whatever price you want. Just don't get in a hurry.:eek:

Marshall Alexander
RV10/panel/cabin

Salvage yards....

......such as Wentworth, near you BTW. My buddy bought a 1500 hour 0-320/160 HP takeout from a Cherokee for $8500 and it runs like a sewing machine in his -4. Considering that most owners fly less than 100 hours a year, you're looking at a possible ten year stretch remaining on the engine. I've seen 0-320's and 0-360's go 2700-3000 hours.

Good luck,

re: right

Just remember that nobody takes a good engine off a plane. Of course, unless the plane is junk.

That's why I got such a "good deal" on the two 540's. They only had 300 hrs on them when the nose got smashed by a tug. The props never touched the ground. I saw the airplane. The engine nacelles weren't even damaged.:)

Marshall Alexander

used Motors

Give this gentleman a call. This is where I found my engine. :D
Danny Oliver 321-636-4897

Mike Bauer
Bartow, Fla
RV-3 N87LB Flying
RV-4 N742MC building