Frank Smidler

Well Known Member
Now that I have the airplane out of the basement I am anxtious to mount the engine. I am trying to to ready for this but have a few questions.

Engine: Lyc 0-360-A1A

1. I am removing the vacumn pump. Vans does not have a cover plate available so I am going to make one out of 3/8" aluminum plate. Is plating over the vacumn pump pedastal mount OK to do? Is there anything I need to be awear of?

2. My engine has a 90 degree fitting with a plug in it just to the right of and forward of the govenor mounting face on the accessory case. What is this fitting for? Can I remove the fitting and just plug the hole if it is not needed?

3. I can not find info on the proper hardware to use to mount the carb to the bottom of the oil pan. What nuts/lockwashers/locking tabs should be used? Were can I find info on carb mounting?

Thanks

Frank, get a parts catalog for your engine... It's a great resource to have and it pretty much would answer all those questions..

1) Superior has a PMA'd vacuum pad cover plate that would probably fit. They'd be able to tell you if it would - and most likely wouldn't cost you a lot.

2) That sounds like the location for the oil pressure transducer hose. Is the fitting 1/4"?

3) Ditto what Radomir said - plus spend the bucks and get the no-kidding service manual for your engine. It'll cost you over $100 probably (new) but will have everything you need in diagrams, operation explanations, etc.