6 Gun

Well Known Member
Hello im looking for input on ordering engine parts to put together an io-360 lyco i need bearings, cam shaft ,crank gear ,o/h gasket set, lifters,rings,ect.,and what im trying to figure out is from who i will get the best price on parts anyone who's been down this road recently please comment Thanks

parts

I have a parts list I can send you that I use for 360 parts. It is all the parts that Lycoming says you have to replace at overhaul. You probably will not need everything but you can pick and choose and it will give you a good start.

Jesse

ebay

Stuff shows up all the time, you need to know the part numbers,AD's,SBs as well as market price. You can shave $50 here and $100 there,it adds up.Before
you start buying parts you might want to send out the Crank & Case for 8130s this will also define what bearings you will need. AREO will send a catalog for the asking. Parts change all the time do to ADs,SBs as well as what parts play well together and which parts don't,for such a simple engine their is a lot of complexity to each and every model.Who is going to put this together for you.I have built lots of VW&Porsche engines over the years but will get an AP&IA to build my engine from the parts I put together.Document everything not just the logs,it will pay off at the inspection and at resale.
Bob

parts

Dart Aircraft for ECI parts. They will usually drop ship from ECI the next day if parts are not in stock.

engine part quote

thanks to everyone who replied I spent the better part of this morning getting quotes from 4 companys and here is the winner that I orderd from :
Aircraft Specialties Service-$2448.25
Air Power-$2512.56
J&J-$2572.13
Aero-$2709.09
iI had my machine work done by Aircraft Specialties in Sept and was real pleased with their work(not like the bad treatment I got from the machine shop down the street pm me if you want more info). I also told them about VAF and ask them to take out an add on VAF the salesman went to the site and said they needed to adv. here.

Parts List

6 Gun,
I'm in the same boat. Majoring an IO-360 I've had in the corner of the shop for 10 years. Planning to build a 7A for it.
Would you mind posting a list of parts that your $2500 bought. Aircraft Specialties is number 1 on my short list as well. I'll have to have the crank reground as one main mics at limit.
Thanks,
Mark

Aircraft Specialities is a first-class operation. They have their "stuff" together. If you tell them you are OHing an engine, they will send you the list of parts you need for that particular model.