Solomon9A

Getting ready to mount the O-320 to the Dyno-1 this weekend. Would like to have the mags (Bendix) installed while its on the engine stand for easier access. Has anyone had difficulty getting the engine mounted with the mags already on the engine?

I did remove both P-mags from both of my engines for the installation. I also removed the oil filter because I had the angled adapter for it.

This was done just to give me a little more room to move the engine around. I was working alone and didn't want to risk scratching the mount.

The P-mags are significantly smaller than a standard mag, so you may want to remove your regular mags.

Not a big deal and you will want to check their timing before firing up the engine anyway.

Good luck mounting your engine, that is a BIG milestone!

BTW, follow the Illustrated Guide to Engine Hanging instructions on this site and you won’t have any problems. It took me exactly 45 minutes to install my engine, working by myself, following those instructions, and without a scratch.

Last edited:
I did not need to remove the "Slick" mags on my 0-360 when mounting the engine on my 7A.

Roberta

I just did the engine install solo with P-mags attached cause I didn't know it wasn't possible. Took 2.5 hours. Haven't found the best way to torque the bolts yet. I can only get my torque wrench onto 3 of the bolts and none of the nuts. What do the veterans say?

Bevan

I just did the engine install solo with P-mags attached cause I didn't know it wasn't possible. Took 2.5 hours. Haven't found the best way to torque the bolts yet. I can only get my torque wrench onto 3 of the bolts and none of the nuts. What do the veterans say?

Bevan

Use a crows foot end wrench if you can with the torque wrench. :)

Torque off the head

Bevan

You can torque off the head, just add 10% to you figure. Just out of curiosity, what torque figure are you using..

Nick..