Fearless

Well Known Member
When I acquired my kit from a previous builder it had a engine mount included. I believe it is a RV-6A Dynofocal 1 mount. Is this the correct one for a RV-9A as well? I'm going to use a O-320 D3G on the plane. I was thinking of going ahead and order the finish kit before January's price increase and would like to exclude the mount if this is the correct one.

I also got a nosewheel strut but it isn't marked so I'm not sure if it is correct as well.

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback.

Engine mount

I sure hope it is correct as that is what I have on my 9A and I am into taxi testing! I bought a FWF from a hurricane-damaged 6A, which included themount and nose gear. I called Van's to make sure before I bought it, and they said the 6A and 9A mounts/gear was the same and that you needed to use the same nose strut that came with the engine mount to assure that everything was in alignment. It would be my opinion that what you have is correct, but you mght give Van's a call.

Bob Kelly

Nose Strut Issues

Thanks Bob.

I seem to recall some discussions pertaining to the nose gear strut(leg) having some problems on certain model RV's. Is this still true?

Fearless said:
Thanks Bob.

I seem to recall some discussions pertaining to the nose gear strut(leg) having some problems on certain model RV's. Is this still true?

There is a new nose wheel fork and I believe that is for all -A models. I would like to have it, but am proceeding with the "old style." I think that is the only difference.

Bob

What county you live in?

Bob,

What county is Scipio located in. Mapquest returned a location in Jennings and Franklin county. If your not too far away and agreeable to a visit, I would like to come and see your plane. There is another RV-9A builder close to me that might like to come as well.

Fearless said:
Bob,

What county is Scipio located in. Mapquest returned a location in Jennings and Franklin county. If your not too far away and agreeable to a visit, I would like to come and see your plane. There is another RV-9A builder close to me that might like to come as well.

Wow! Mapquest got it rigt for once! There are two Scipio's in Indiana, and the total population of both is probably less than 1000. I ma in the only one with a Post Office, the Scipio im Jennings Co. south of Columbus. My plane is now at North Vernon Airport (OVO) and I would welcome you both. See you are located in KY. We aren't far off US 50 and Interstates 65.

Bob

Time for visit

Bob,

Call me on my cell at 502-609-7929 to let me know when you'll be at the airport next. I'll see if the other builder is available and we'll come up together.

Thanks