PCHunt

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have just replaced the Lord mounts in my plane, and the spinner is still about 1/4" low with respect to the cowl.

I would like to add a washer to the bottom two mounts, but don't know what thickness I should use. Is there a way to calculate what thickness I need, or maybe someone else has "been there, done that"? :confused:

its about 2.5x ratio

Hi,

I just went the other way, I put washers between the engine and the top lord mounts, and it lowered the spinner about 3x the washer thickness.

I made four BIG washers from 0.037 sheet steel, I made them the same outside diameter as the Lord mount face. I put two at each of the two top mounts. It lowered the spinner about 3/16". So, I figure thats a 2.5:1 ratio of thickness to height change.

........So, I figure that's a 2.5:1 ratio of thickness to height change.

Thanks! Just what I needed. Gave me the "courage" to install another 1/8" washer on the bottom mounts, and now everything lines up great. Might have to trim the baffles a bit! :(

Great Information

I have the same problemwith spinner alignment. My plane had sat for years, so I too thought that the shock mounts were worn. Expensive and frustrating to still have a "saggy spinner".
Thanks for the info on how much to add to get proper alignment!