Rdwrv4

Well Known Member
Hope someone could answer this question, early dynafocal mounts used smaller rubbers and did not use a washer between the engine boss and the Lord mount. The larger Lord mounts require an 1/8" washer between the engine boss and and the rubber mount to clear a small unmachined area. my question is ,do they build the mounts with a bit of "down thrust" to account for this or are all dynafocal rings parallel to the firewall. The extra 1/8" results in upthrust 1?
thx Robin

my question is ,do they build the mounts with a bit of "down thrust" to account for this or are all dynafocal rings parallel to the firewall. The extra 1/8" results in upthrust 1?
thx Robin

I just got done (Thursday) repairing an RV-6 engine mount. While truing the mount, the welder commented that there's some down angle. Now this is common for a few reasons, it counteracts pitch changes from power changes, and that washer may be another... It's also common to point the engine a degree or three to the right for p-factor and spiral slip stream. But he didn't mention that.

hope this helps.