apatti

Well Known Member
Am I missing something???

I am trying to get my engine mount mounted. I am having trouble with interference with the F893 L&R ribs that outline the side of the cooling ramp. The most forward parts of the 893's are interfering with the engine mount tubes that run between those two inner mounting holes (the ones that you drill into the firewall near the cooling ramp) and the nose gear leg holder. Basically, I can't push the bottom of the mount down flush against the firewall.

The instructions say to trim that fold over flap from the cooling ramp as necessary. However, that is not a problem. If I have to take off the corners of the 893's, there is a rivet there will probably have to come out.

Thanks in advance,

Disregard the information below in this post. After seeing the next post, I understand the problem. I didn't have that problem, so I don't have a solution.

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're just saying that the two bottom center attach points of your engine mount don't touch the firewall, that's not unusual.

My plans or instructions said to add washers between the mount and the firewall at that point to shim them. I think I added one washer in each of those two locations.

Hope this helps.

Guy

Last edited:
pic

Guy,

I think this may be the part you are concerned with. My project is an early model one and I do not remember seeing the instructions that Tony related regarding using washers as shims. I cut off the interferening pieces at the line you see marked in black.

dscn1305qd4.jpg

I hope this helps.

Tony

Tony,
Your picture shows the exact spot I am having trouble with. It looks like you trimmed off the area I was thinking I need to. I had never heard of having to do this and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I have added a rivet between the one holding the little flap down and the one at the top that is going to probably go away after I trim. Don't know if it is necessary, just made me feel better. :)

Thanks,