RFSchaller

Well Known Member
I'm starting my first annual and need a torque value for the M10 mounting bolts that fix the engine to the engine mount. The Vans drawings say use the ROTAX part catalogue chapter 28 value, but all the ROTAX manuals say torque per aircraft manufacturer instructions. I can't remember where I got the original torque value or what it was. Does anybody have a source for the torque value?

ROTAX - -

latest info says 30# for those four bolts. I firmly believe it is good to put Loctite 'BLUE' on them also. You can take them out if needed, and just in case, it is a helper to keep them tight. DON'T torque them again. Torque mark them, and just check the paint marks from there on. Mine have not moved since putting 'BLUE' on them.

NEARLY 500 hours ( been snowing in Iowa ) !

I'm starting my first annual and need a torque value for the M10 mounting bolts that fix the engine to the engine mount. The Vans drawings say use the ROTAX part catalogue chapter 28 value, but all the ROTAX manuals say torque per aircraft manufacturer instructions. I can't remember where I got the original torque value or what it was. Does anybody have a source for the torque value?

The Rotax Illistrated Parts Manual does have the information on Pages 28-2 and 28-3 of the most recent rev. level.
FYI, the way Rotax publishes torque values (for the most part) is by listing them with the individual part description in the parts manual.