lostpilot28

Well Known Member
I'm setting up my EFIS and I don't know the exact range to use for several engine parameters. I have an ECI 0-360 A1A, but ECI doesn't have an owners manual (that I know of). :confused:

I'd like to find out what I should be setting for the high and low range for EGT, CHT, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, and Fuel pressure. Not sure if I'm missing anything, but if anyone knows what these settings are then your help is greatly appreciated.

ECI says they are basically a...

I'm setting up my EFIS and I don't know the exact range to use for several engine parameters. I have an ECI 0-360 A1A, but ECI doesn't have an owners manual (that I know of). :confused:

I'd like to find out what I should be setting for the high and low range for EGT, CHT, Oil Temp, Oil pressure, and Fuel pressure. Not sure if I'm missing anything, but if anyone knows what these settings are then your help is greatly appreciated.

...Lycoming O-360 engine, and to use the Lycoming data. Since each part except the cylinders are FAA/PMA replacements, that makes sense.

CHT limits are a little under discussion -- this thread might help...

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=23130

gil A - freezing in Liverpool...:)

Just my opinion here but I say set CHT limits for 400, see if you can run >400 all the time.

Set EGT just a bit higher than where you see Peak EGT when leaning.

Oil temp, presuming you are on the hot side, @ 225-240.

Fuel pressure is a bit more subjective.

These are loose outlines and should be adjusted based on what you see from your motor during normal operations.

Good luck!

Matt