Dbro172

Well Known Member
Can I install the engine while the aircraft is on my lowered fuselage cart or will this impose problems for installing the gear (tricycle) later? I have my gear on now and was surprised at how tall the -9A stands. I was especially surprised how high i needed to jack it in the air to stab the gear legs in the hole!:eek: I think it will be hard to finish the cowling at this height.

Once the engine is on, do you hoist the fuselage from the engine mount, or from the picking eye on the engine?

Can I install the engine while the aircraft is on my lowered fuselage cart or will this impose problems for installing the gear (tricycle) later? I have my gear on now and was surprised at how tall the -9A stands. I was especially surprised how high i needed to jack it in the air to stab the gear legs in the hole!:eek: I think it will be hard to finish the cowling at this height.

Once the engine is on, do you hoist the fuselage from the engine mount, or from the picking eye on the engine?

I did mine that way. It was difficult to get the fuse lifted high enough to install the gear, but no harder that it would be with no engine. I just didn't have a hoist to lift it higher. I used the bucket on my tractor, lol. I will say it was terrific having it lower down to work on fitting engine equipment. I used the engine mount to lift mine. I did all the cowl and spinner work at this height.

Last edited: