HSANTIBANEZ

Well Known Member
Hi this is a 20 years advanced question, i have a TMXIO-360 from Matittuck, as you know they dissapear from the market, in the experimental condition on my engine does anybody know if i will be able to make a exchange with some new or rebuild one?

I never thought about, what if i whant a new engine for other suppliers such as ECI, Superior and lycoming, do they recieve the core?

Hi this is a 20 years advanced question, i have a TMXIO-360 from Matittuck, as you know they dissapear from the market, in the experimental condition on my engine does anybody know if i will be able to make a exchange with some new or rebuild one?

I never thought about, what if i whant a new engine for other suppliers such as ECI, Superior and lycoming, do they recieve the core?

The Matittuck engine is built up from ECI, Superior, and or Lycoming parts. Each aftermarket engine "assembler" will use the above parts that they think are best. IMHO, one of the other aftermarket engine assemblers should be able to help you out with an "exchange" engine. If you cannot find one, you should be able to sell yours as a "Core" here at VAF then get another assembled engine from one of the suppliers that advertise here when the time comes.

Mattituck was owned by TCM and Mattituck overhauls/TMX engines are/will continue to be supported through TCM. If you'e asking what if TCM isn't around in 20 years then who knows - but TCM is indirectly owned by the Chinese (PRC) Government so I wouldn't be too concerned:D

You'll be fine

Most of the after market engines are built-up from "E.C.I." or the Fort-Worth brand of parts along with some small amount of this guys sump or intake or that guys sump or intake. The thing to keep in mind is that all or with the exception of some of the sumps and intakes. That the part in these engines have "P.M.A." for strait up Ly-con replacement. They are Clones, but they are still parts that can be used and exchanged with both the "X. and S." markets. If you have a Cessna 172, you need a Type tag on your engine, if you have an RV-6 you don't have to have that tag. I know this is a loose way of looking at this, but you are on good ground with this one. You will have value, good value in you engine down the road. Now if you want to put a Mazda R-13 up front well someone will buy it but not for a lot.
Hope this help you, Yours as always R.E.A. III #80888

Thank you guys, i not near that time but its god to hear that cone maker could recieve or overhaul cores that also are clones.