jim plaster

Well Known Member
A friend of mine just bought an 8 with a stock o320. The engine is currently disassembled and I plan to rebuild it for him. The airplane also has a cruise, fixed pitch prop ,which I plan to re-pitch for the stock 320 in an attempt to reach an acceptable rpm range....prior to removal the previous owner was getting 1900 rpm static and 2200 rpm in flight,quite a bit low since redline is around 26-2700 in flight!Not sure what diameter the prop has yet since this he just got it yesterday ,but I do know it's an 80 inch pitch! The current setup is a conical mount and he wants to go back with a lord mount setup on the injected 320 ,so I'm assuming we'll need a new engine mount. Will the current Vetterman exhaust work on the injected engine? Also will the cowling need to be spaced further forward to accomodate the lord mounted injected 320?..Any other info appreciated..thanks in advance!

The 80 inch pitch is exactly what that airframe and 160 hp O320 needs. Wait till after the motor is back in service before you think of changing the pitch.

A friend of mine just bought an 8 with a stock o320. The engine is currently disassembled and I plan to rebuild it for him. The airplane also has a cruise, fixed pitch prop ,which I plan to re-pitch for the stock 320 in an attempt to reach an acceptable rpm range....prior to removal the previous owner was getting 1900 rpm static and 2200 rpm in flight,quite a bit low since redline is around 26-2700 in flight!Not sure what diameter the prop has yet since this he just got it yesterday ,but I do know it's an 80 inch pitch! The current setup is a conical mount and he wants to go back with a lord mount setup on the injected 320 ,so I'm assuming we'll need a new engine mount. Will the current Vetterman exhaust work on the injected engine? Also will the cowling need to be spaced further forward to accomodate the lord mounted injected 320?..Any other info appreciated..thanks in advance!

ECI will convert a conical mount case to dynafocal - the Lord mount you mention.

They call it "Crankcase Mount Conversion, Lyc 4-cyl" here -

http://www.eci.aero/pages/repairs_cca.aspx

Parts to Convert 0-360B2C to Constant Speed

Hello all,
I thought I would try this thread for some help. I'm wanting to convert my engine to constant speed and need some help on part numbers. I got the adapter right, but I need part numbers for (2) gaskets, (5) washer, (9) retaining ring and (11) prop-governor driven gear. The diagram I'm using is in the overhaul manual figure 5-3.

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks
Paul
N277PM
Laf
Fire-wall Forward
765-490-0063
Donation paid 2013