bruceh

Well Known Member
Friend
For those of you flying Airflow Performance Fuel Injection with the purge valve, where is the best/recommended location for the purge control?

I'm going to have the Throttle, Mixture, Purge and Alt Air controls on the little subpanel under the instrument panel. Should the order from left to right be Throttle/Purge/Mixture, or Throttle/Mixture/Purge? Alternate Air on the left or right edge?

Just trying to get an idea of the best ergonomics for starting hot and cold.

Do NOT put it near the alt air or ram air control.

I need to move mine as I have pulled my purge valve, when I wanted RamAir. Starts right up when you push it back in...but still embarrassing when there are 100 people watching a race launch and when you pull up to stage you kill the engine.

Next to Mixture

IMG_0598.JPG

Do NOT put it near the alt air or ram air control.

I need to move mine as I have pulled my purge valve, when I wanted RamAir. Starts right up when you push it back in...but still embarrassing when there are 100 people watching a race launch and when you pull up to stage you kill the engine.

Interesting.......

That's what I did. I installed mine of the pilot side of the Aerosport Products lower console. I didn't want either the ram air or purge valve on the right side. I put the parking brake and the oil cooler valve on the right.

I haven't figured out how to a picture's URL with safari on mykitlog yet. Here's a link to the page that has the photo: http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=rleffler&project=260&category=0&log=169640&row=27

Bob, here's your pic. That is very similar to mine. I even have my purge has a push button lock on it, but I still managed to pull it when distracted.

Bob's RV-10 pic
4d1c23f76bd7bf9ec0afae65c162d089_zps8723d494.jpg

Mine during construction
RV-7build604.jpg