RVadmirer

Well Known Member
Has anyone found a good source for knobs for the engine control quadrant? I have an old one with handmade knobs and wish to replace them with aircraft looking, properly colored knobs. I've asked a couple quadrant manufacturer's and they refuse to tell me. I've asked a couple builders and they say they made them. I don't have the equipment or skill to do that... :eek:
Thanks!

control knobs

Try this. Farm implement stores. Thats where I got replacement knobs for my Cub, throttle and stick. Standard bolt threads. I don't know about colors other than black. They are used on hydraulic controls. Also try the big supply houses: McMaster-Carr, MSC. Or your local hydraulic/industrial supply house.

I would check out usplastics.com. I was on there a while back and noticed that they have plastic balls with threaded metal inserts of varying sizes. It might be worth a look.

Here's the link.

They come in black only so you would need to paint them. Their customer service is pretty good and I would imagine they could even recommend a paint to you.

I've ordered from usplastics before and they are really good with customer service.

Hope that helps,