Pilottonny

Well Known Member
I am currently working on the FWF and am wondering how much the engine will move. I have two area's where parts are getting close to the engine mount. I am using Vettermans mufflers (noise restrictions over here!) and they get pretty close to one of the tubes of the mount. Also the propeller-oil-line is quite close to the mount. See the pictures and please comment.

f_P5210054m_cde8a40.jpg

Muffler to engine mount clearance, seen from the front.

f_P5210062m_2ef1b02.jpg

Propeller oil-line going between the dipstick tube and the engine mount, seen from the top.

f_P5210066m_f3741ee.jpg

Propeller oil-line, close-up, seen from the front. (sorry lousy picture)

Please let me know if this will be problem.

Regards, Tonny.

I am of no use.

Sorry I can not help with the questions.

But, since you are in Belgium, why register in the Netherlands?

Tonny, I can't be specific, but....

The movement of the engine will be less back by the mount then at the forward end of the engine. Up front I think that you sould allow about 1 inch.

Good luck

Kent

Clearance

Tonny:

Most of the engine movement will be rotational during engine start up and shut down. I have about 10mm clearance between No. 1 and No.3 cylinder rocker arm boxes and the cowl and have seen only minor evidence of touching. Remember, most people use 6-10mm clearance between the spinner and the cowl.

The govenor line as well as the muffler look a little close in the photos. Try for just a bit more clearance if possible. You may be ok though.

But, since you are in Belgium, why register in the Netherlands?

I am building "under the Dutch Flag" (NVAV), but in my garage in Belgium. In the Netherlands there is no need for inspections during the built, saves a lot of hassle and money (in Belgium you pay per inspection and the inspector decides when he wants to inspect!).

Netherlands, Belgium, Germany............ all are whithin a few km's anyway. The bounderies have all gone, a long time ago.

Regards, Tonny.