You could use a snap bushing in that area--------but you most likely wont be able to get the hose fitting through one that fits the hose itself.

So, you can split the snap bushing, put it on the hose, then into the baffle material.

You could fill the annular space between the plastic conduit you have there and the fuel line with silicone caulk when you seal up the baffles and keep it from moving.

baffle

Yiu can also route it thru the back baffling and back behind the engine. for some reason I didn't feel comfortable routimg it so close to the heat from the cylinders. Probably both methods will work fine however.

I guess my main concern is whether or not traditional buffer materials like grommets and bushings will hold up under the heat of the engine. Perhaps an all-metal edge protector would work best, but I haven't found a product like that yet.

Jerald

MS35489 Silicon Grommet

Redish-Orange silicon rubber grommets. Temperature range -60 to 500 F. Available from Mcmaster Carr, Genuine Aircraft Hardware, etc. MS35489-nn is synthetic rubber, MS35489-nnX is hi-temp silicone.

I used these for all of my baffle pass throughs.

Last edited:
My regular black rubber grommet seems to be holding up just fine.
IMG_3989-M.jpg

I did smear some RTV on there to make it airtight (far left side of picture).
IMG_3998-M.jpg

A steel bulkhead fitting similar to what you may have for the firewall pass-through.

Bevan

Redish-Orange silicon rubber grommets. Temperature range -60 to 500 F. Available from Mcmaster Carr, Genuine Aircraft Hardware, etc. MS35489-nn is synthetic rubber, MS35489-nnX is hi-temp silicone.

I used these for all of my baffle pass throughs.

Good suggestions from Dan, the standard snap bushings and rubber grommets also seem to hold up well.
I would also suggest a firesleeved fuel line be used (all fuel lines should be firesleeved) like Bruce Hill shows above.

Last edited:
I think I will use one of the high temp grommets that Dan pointed me to. They are only a few dollars.

Walt, most of the hoses on the engine are going to be replaced due to age and they will all be fire-sleeved.

Jerald