marchudson

Well Known Member
Good news : ECI engine arrived today.
Not so good : some assembly required :D

Here is what an ECI kit in the spare bedroom, ssshhh wife doesn't know yet, looks like.

DSC03178.jpg

Congrats

That would almost look manly except for your Jonas Brothers poster in the background ;-)

I dont know, I overheard you were going to have them airbrushed onto your tail and rudder, as a tribute...

And the N number reservation for NXXJB!!
LOL!! Oh man! a guy just wants to share his good fortune, and it all comes crumbling down!

Congrats Mark!

Don't feel bad about the Jonas Bros poster....they built a house less than ten miles from us. When they started building my daughter thought they were amazing, now she's mortified they are in the same city <g>.

Give it a week - the poster will be in the trash <g>.

BTW, I have the same ECi kit engine in my plane. The same pile of boxes arrived at my house a few years back.

Last edited:
Kit

Doug, Marc

Congrats on the kit but, where the heck did you buy it?

Randy N.

Congrats Mark!

Don't feel bad about the Jonas Bros poster....they built a house less than ten miles from us. When they started building my daughter thought they were amazing, now she's mortified they are in the same city <g>.

Give it a week - the poster will be in the trash <g>.

BTW, I have the same ECi kit engine in my plane. The same pile of boxes arrived at my house a few years back.

Superior put together an assembly manual. If you don't have it send me an email and I will get it to you. It's excellent. I used the Lycosaurus manual and was pretty frustrated. Figures, I discovered the Superior manual once I was done assembling my kit. Amazingly, I only have 6 bolts left over! (not rq'd for my installation)

Oh yeah, your gaskets, retainers and misc parts are in a box that you would not expect them to be in. Open everything and you find it. (I think it was the accessory case gasket set box.

Hope that saves you from a 2 hours "goose chase" that I went on.

Where's the cylinders?

I don't see the cylinder boxes. Do you have them buried? That Tempest fuel pump box looks familiar.

Have fun with the assembly.

Looks like mine

I built an ECi last November with the help of my 82yo engine guru.

BTW, if you have the thrust washer option, don't forget to put them in before you mate the case halves. Ask me how I know....

Don

The cylinders are buried in the stack there somewhere.

Randy : I bought it from a guy in Long Beach CA. www.timsaircraft.com very reasonable.

Tony : I located that Superior manual today and downloaded it. I'm out of town for work for the next three days and plan on comparing the Superior manual to the Lycoming rebuild manual. It seams like the Superior manual is well written and easy to follow, something I need.

Can you give me the location of the Superior manual for download? This engine is also my choice of powerplant, and I hope to be ordering it soon.