DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMES WITH THE AVIONICS KIT? AIRCRAFT SPRUCE SALES A GARMIN STACK FOR ABOUT $5,000 DEPENDING WHAT GPS YOU GET.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COMES WITH THE AVIONICS KIT? AIRCRAFT SPRUCE SALES A GARMIN STACK FOR ABOUT $5,000 DEPENDING WHAT GPS YOU GET.

Keep in mind when Van's publishes their package it'll likely be complete (really complete). Also, numbers and advertisements are not always what they seem.

First, ACS's "package" doesn't list the price for the required harnesses that you have to get from them as part of the package - they say "*Request quote for the needed harness at an additional cost". Second, the packages don't include an intercom. Third, support from knowledgeable and experienced people is worth a few pennies. Lastly, they include some thing you likely won't need (encoder and gizmo).

If I were a gamblin' man, I'd bet Van's will be extremely competitive on their avionics pricing. Their goal from the start was/is to provide the best value LSA complete kit in the market....and I'll bet the rest of it won't be any different.

Just my take on it!

Cheers,
Stein

BTW...."Vagabond11". Friendly bit of advice - typing with your CAPS LOCK ON MEANS YOU'RE SHOUTING.....:)