Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
At the Indianapolis Executive Airport today I had my camera with me but I was so taken by the uniqueness of what I was seeing that the opportunity escaped me. We had the very exciting race and we were sitting around talking, eating, etc. when this RV-10 was being pulled through the canopied area from north to south in preparation for departure. It was a beautiful airplane the was mainly black and white as I recall but that was secondary in this scene. There was a guy with a towbar on the nose and these two beautiful little girls that looked like they were maybe three feet tall HELPING HIM! OK, you say that's not safe, they could fall and the airplane crush them before anyone could stop it - but NO! There was no such risk at all. The two perfectly paired little angels were on each side of the fuselage pushing with their little hands on the perfectly shaped, sized and positioned handles - a picture of efficiency. They continued out the south side of this amazing canopy structure intended to protect the rich and famous as they board their jets and did not stop until their mission was complete and the airplane was positioned for startup and departure - it was not a game to them. Who would build handles onto the plane for this team you ask - well I guess everyone that builds an RV-10 - they were the steps. If anyone had the presence of mind to take a photo of this special moment would you share it here - please.

Bob Axsom

Last edited: