mquam99

Well Known Member
Just placed my order for the 9 Emp kit. Not sure if I am excited or scared. little of both I guess.

anyway, I am sure I will be looking for a bunch of advice for the months, years to come.

Looking forward to getting started
:D

Just placed my order for the 9 Emp kit. Not sure if I am excited or scared. little of both I guess.

anyway, I am sure I will be looking for a bunch of advice for the months, years to come.

I felt the same way. My RV-10 Emp. will be delivered Friday

Fantastic! I hope you have a lot of fun with it. At times you will feel totally frustrated and like you are the biggest idiot in the world, but hang in there. Most everyone here is friendly and have made their share of mistakes, so don't be afraid to come on, fess up, and let us help.

Congrats

Mike,

You're where I was just less than a year ago. Lots of fun and frustration, head-scratching and "aha" moments. I'm certain you will enjoy the build. Let us know as (notice I didn't say "if") you have questions.

cheers,
greg

Way to go Mike! RV building is addictive. You WILL get hooked. It will make you feel like a kid again, building a model airplane, but on a much larger scale.

Mike,

That is great news. You are about to embark on one of the best adventures of your life!

Congrats!

I'm about 90% done my tail kit. Just a bit of advice.... Study the plans several times before driving a rivet. Look at each assembly carefully and the rivet call-out. I do not agree with some of the Van's rivet selections commonly at intersecting points where there are multiple layers of material.

Think twice about drilling a rivet out! According to everyone I speak with, there is engineering overkill in the strength of a rivet even if it is not driven perfectly!

I recently found out there are "oops" rivets available that are slightly larger than the 3/32".

This has been a great experience so far! Hope you have the same.....

Good luck!

Great!

Just keep going and one day you'll be amazed. Took me 7.5 years, but the end was worth the wait.

What a great way to live

Ordered Empennage

Welcome to the great world of aircraft construction lunacy! Fear and excitemant all at once - it continues with each kit ordered.

Thanks for all the advice, kind words etc. I talked to Van's today and they said I should have the Emp kit early next week.

I will be taking up all the offers for help and advice as I get going.

Welcome to the group.

Always great to hear another 9A getting started. You will enjoy it. There is a world of information on Doug's site. Most any question you run into has already been asked by someone else.

Enjoy the ride!

woo hoo.. just got shipment confirmation from Van's. should be here on Friday..

thanks for the advice on doug's site.. can you give me the web address?

You already have it...

Mike,

Sometimes this site is referred to as "Doug's site" as he is the founder/owner/operator (as well as Chief Pilot of "The Coral Rocket").

Congrats on your decision and remember that anytime you think you have made the dumbest mistake possible, you will be able to find a thread on here where someone shows how they fixed that same mistake!

Roger
-9A slow QB

Have fun! I just finished my emp (minus the fiberglass work) and it was a real education. I'm still waiting for the dang wing kit to show up. It was supposed to be delivered a month ago!