Jalanci

I'm getting ready to rivet the HS together and looking at the little holes for wiring in the ribs. Anyone add some larger ones? bushings?

I'm planning on putting some mason line with washers on each end for running the wiring but sure would like some advice from some more seasoned builders.

Jalanci,

I am not aware of any wiring needs in the HS. Except perhaps for the electric trim wires that need to pass through on their way to the elevator. If I remember correctly there was a small hole in the main HS spar for that.

Sounds like you are talking about maybe needing to run wires out to the HS tips and I don't think there is any need for that. My guess is the little holes in the ribs you mentioned are the tooling holes not wiring holes.

The only extra hole I can think of is in the front spar of the left hand elevator where the electric trim wiring comes through. Vans has you using the same hole that the threaded accuator goes through...too close for my liking. I put another hole near it for a 3/8 snap bushing for the wiring. You can probaly do this hole after riveting, but before rolling the leading edge.