trackdom

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am wondering how to join F-8106 empennage gap cover to F-868 empennage fairing at the forward part....Do I need to cut F-868 to reach the leading edge .Is F-8106 above F-868 ....I think a photo would help...drawing is # 85.

Thanks a lot for your help....

I could not visualize any way to make this transition that would look reasonable. I ended up laying up a fairing for the bottom with epoxy / glass. I still have not decided whether to separate the top from the bottom but think I will leave it attached and line it with teflon tape to reduce scratching...

Hi,

As I can see, you made the whole part from fiberglass, and you added the lower part ...So you can get ride of the m?tal and rubber part . I think I'll do that way, a little more work but it is worth..
Thanks a lot for your help.

empennage fairing

Hi all,
For what is worth, it's really not that much work. Lay some packing tape down and then follow with the wetted out glass strips. I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't fall down. There is enough surface tension to hold in place until cure. I just never liked the way the metal strip and rubber looked. Took more time to sand the glassed strips then it did to make them. Tim

Hi,

I'll cut 2 layers of fiberglass at the right width and lenght, then will pour the resine on it , wait a little to come harder and apply the tape along the fuselage , covering the upper part...as you say that shoudn't fall ...

Thanks