Yes

Yes, but only because I want to experiment with cameras mounted back there in the future and I hate drilling out blind rivets.

Very, very few people make them removable. No need to (unless you want to put a camera in there).

I started out thinking I was just going to do it for the VS tip for the installation of a camera or an antenna, but then I decided to make the elevator and rudder tips removable for access to the counterbalance weights. Then I did the HS tips just to be consistent.

Before paint I balanced my elevators, leaving a little to accuont for paint weight. I knew I would have to slightly re-balance the elevators after paint, so what I did was to add a nutplate to the inside of the inboard rib of each elevator, so that I could add an AN3 bolt with a suitable number of washers to add a wee bit of weight as needed to achieve perfect balancing after paint, without having to remove the tips. Worked great.

I left all the lead on the elevators, all finished now and I think it will be close to balanced after paint, if not it will be easy to drill the lead from the inside to balance. by the way, did any one else run out of CS 4-4 rivets. at .06 cents each I think they could have put more in the kit.

by the way, did any one else run out of CS 4-4 rivets. at .06 cents each I think they could have put more in the kit.

Uh..that and bolts, screws, cotter pins, nuts, washers, nutplates, etc... You might as well figure one shipment a month from AC$ or the equivalent once you get into the fuselage and finish kit.

Uh..that and bolts, screws, cotter pins, nuts, washers, nutplates, etc... You might as well figure one shipment a month from AC$ or the equivalent once you get into the fuselage and finish kit.

RV-12 - Under consideration
427 Shelby Cobra - Under construction
F1 EVO - partially completed, Sold
F1 Rocket - Completed 2005, Sold
RV-7A - Partially completed, Sold
RV-6 - Completed 2000, Sold
Long-EZ - Completed 1987, Sold

WOW! you are a busy man.