ghatch

Does anyone know if the car-type glass break hammers work on our plexiglass canopy. Hammers such as LifeHammer seem to work fine on auto glass but plexi is different.
Thanks for you input,

Gerry Hatch

Try This Out

I've never seen one in real life, take the guard off and it may work to create a line deep enough to break yourself out:

http://www.amazon.com/Skil-2352-01-3-6-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Multi-Cutter/dp/B001B64ZEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1284575965&sr=8-1

41Khv0sU4TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I meant it more in an emergency to score the plexi, much like when you score a line to cut glass. I posted that before I read the other threads, it looks like the hammers and axes discussed would work better anyway. Heck, even a compact pistol, but that might create other problems.

I meant it more in an emergency to score the plexi, much like when you score a line to cut glass. I posted that before I read the other threads, it looks like the hammers and axes discussed would work better anyway. Heck, even a compact pistol, but that might create other problems.

LOL. I vote for a sawed off shotgun! No, I think it would take too long for that cutting tool to do what you wanted. What ever you use needs to be quick as you will be upside down and possibly in water or fire.

I carry a Coleman camping hatchet with a sawed off fiberglass handle, not as exciting as a sawed off shotgun but much cheaper.

Thanks guys for you responses and advice. I'm leaning toward the S & W 911 as being light, having assisted opening and spring loaded punch all to make life easier if space is limited and only one hand is available.

Thanks,
Gerry